Saturday, November 23, 2013

DIY - Growth Chart

DIY - Growth Chart Tutorial

 
1. Pick your lumber
(the type of wood doesn't really matter)
I chose 6" X 7'
(My hardware store didn't have any 6' tall lumber)

2. Using a circular saw Cut it to 6' in length
(this will give me a total of 6' 6" because it will be mounted 6" from the ground to allow for base boards etc.)
 
3. Sand the rough edges

4. Use an old paint brush or clean cloth to wipe away saw dust

 5. Prepare you Chalk Paint
(see my Chalk Paint tutorial HERE)
 

6. Paint your lumber (2 coats)

7. Wait...it must be completely dry before beginning the stenciling

8. Use a Measuring Tape or Ruler to mark off the length of the board
and Stencil you Numbers
(I used graduating marks from inches to 6 inches to feet just as you would see on a ruler)
 

9. Once your project is dry you can hang it (remember 6" off the ground)
(You can get a picture hanging kit fairly inexpensive at any hardware store)

No comments:

Post a Comment